Life is anything but business as usual. But that doesn’t mean association board members can’t turn downtime into productive time. Board members are often too busy with current events or urgent matters that they simply don’t have time to tackle business considered “non-essential”. With this brief window of downtime, board members should consider the following:
- Is the Association’s insurance adequate?
- Re-evaluate financials/budgets for cost-saving measures.
- Ensuring governing documents are up to date with current law.
- Update rules and regulations.
- Obtaining competitive bids for routine work around the Association.
- Ensuring the Association’s records are in order (i.e. owner contact information, lease information, insurance certificates, etc.).
- Walking the property for maintenance/repair and/or violations.
- Schedule a reserve study.
- Compile a Continuity Plan or Bootcamp for new board members to ensure a seamless transition of new board members.
We understand the challenges you are facing during this unprecedented time. If you have any questions about how the COVID-19 pandemic may affect your association or property, please contact one of our experienced HOA attorneys: Kat Formeller at email@example.com or Kathy Heitkemper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tressler attorneys are known for providing fast, personalized and cost-effective legal support. We’re here and ready help.